Steel Armor: Blaze of War is an app developed by Graviteam. Steel Armor: Blaze of War was first published on . It is currently available for Steam, Other.Steel Armor: Blaze of War is realistic tank simulator with tactical elements.The game is composed of two equally important parts:Operational: player can choose the battlefield area, supply and rei...
Steel Armor: Blaze of War Review
Steel Armor: Blaze of War is an app by Graviteam. Steel Armor: Blaze of War was first published on . The app is accessible on the following platforms: Steam, Other.
Steel Armor: Blaze of War is realistic tank simulator with tactical elements.
The game is composed of two equally important parts:
- Operational: player can choose the battlefield area, supply and reinforce his units and repair his vehicles.
- Tactical: player gets into actual battle, controls his tank and commands attached units.
The game has no fixed missions, player makes his own game which dramatically increases replayability. The goal is to win battles in any of the four operations by commanding tank units of either the Soviet, Iranian, Iraqi or Angolan army.
Each of the operations dictates its own strategies:
- Afghanistan – first of all, destroy enemy fire points and support your motor-rife troops.
- Iran – classic tank clashes with outnumbering enemy.
- Angola – full-fledged mobile warfare involving all types of troops.
Depending on operation, player will have either Soviet medium tank T-62 or US main battle tank M60A1. Player can drive his tank from the driver’s station, fire from the gunner’s station, and command his tank crew and whole unit from the commander’s station. Each tank has interactive cockpit, where player can perform basic operations using a mouse: select sight, move between the crew stations, stowed position, work with the tank equipment and select the shell to load.
Player will be assigned variety of tasks:
- Recon and attack enemy positions.
- Defend own positions.
- Occupy and defend settlements.
- Support infantry.
- Ambush, and break out of encirclements.
Player can complete tasks either by commanding a single tank (tank platoon) or by commanding other units in the Tactical Map mode. Each battle brings experience points and (probably) awards to player's crew and his forces after the battle. In the Statistics Mode player can view his results, see detailed report of his and other units’ firing performance, hits and damages.